Brivio

D’Antan

Rosso del Ticino DOC - 2019

Grape variety:
Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot

Alcohol content:
13,8 % Vol

Service temperature:
16 - 18 °C

75cl - 6bt original carton.

35,00CHF

In stock

SKU: bri-vignadantan-75
Specifications

Color:
Deep ruby red.

Scent:
Complex and intense. With fruity notes of ripe blackberry and menthol and roasted notes that remind the cocoa and waldnuts.

Longevity:
The D’Antan 2019 will reveal its full expressive potential beginning in summer 2021 and will continue to develop in character through 2029 and beyond if properly cellared

Taste:
Fresh and fruity, with ripe and sweet tannins; well balanced and persistent at the finish.

Pairings:

  • Roasts
  • Venison
  • Red meat
  • Hard cheese
  • Poultry with dark meat such as guinea fowl, pigeon, duck
  • Venison

Gradation:
13,8% Vol

Temperature:
16 - 18°C

Grape variety:
Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot

Vinification

Vinification in the bordelaise style with a maceration period of 12-15 days at 28 - 32°C in stainless-steel tanks. The greater part of the wine matured in barriques of new French oak (86%) while the rest was placed in one year-old barriques (14%), all for over 13 months. The varietals are vinified separately and blended only shortly before bottling. Frequent racking from the lees allows for bottling without fining, filtration or other physical stabilization. This may result in a slight sediment in the bottle.

Awards

FALSTAFF – 91/100

Factsheet (PDF - 358 KB)